Internal company networks are in desperate need of a revival. Social intranets are the answer to the question how modern intranets should look like. They combine core intranet features with social media features to encourage collaboration and knowledge exchange. United Planet provided a white paper condensing the most important features a social intranet should cover. Furthermore they present the results of their expert poll on internal communication and social intranet conducted during April 2016.
What should a social intranet be capable of?
- Activity streams carrying out public communication.
- A content management system (CMS) to promote communication between employees.
- Instant messaging features for direct interaction between individual employees.
- The ability to tag and specify keywords in the content to make it easier to find.
- Establish digital project groups to prepare meetings with specific people.